Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lots of heat and lots of rain

I suppose everyone remembers what they were doing 12 years ago this morning. I sure do. We were just pulling into the parking garage at work when the first bulletin came over the radio in the car.
Watched the Moment of Silence at the White House before getting on computer. I wonder if there is going to be a Moment of Silence for Bengazi?

This is an interesting web page - http://www.usmemorialday.org/taps.html
TAPS
Day is done,
gone the sun,
From the hills,
from the lake,
From the skies.
All is well,
safely rest,
God is nigh.

We had an interesting day yesterday. Very hot all day so we were pretty much staying inside. I’d been working on new business cards for our trip south – redoing the ones with the picture of the Alfa on them. Until it got too hot to stay upstairs. Then I was working on finishing the stained glass window – but it even got hot enough downstairs that my glasses kept fogging up! So anyway we were sitting in the den – me knitting – and both of us watching a soccer game on TV when the outdoors lit up! The house shook! And the sky opened up! We had one of the heaviest rain storms we’ve had all year. Torrential rain – got over two inches – lots of lightening and loud house shaking thunder. Lost the satellite TV reception but not the electricity which is strange – usually if a bird sneezes in the woods the electricity goes out here in Brown County. The storm just sat over us for about an hour and a half. One nice thing about it the temperatures dropped about 20 degrees from the mid 90s to the low 70s! Very unexpected storm – rain chances were forecast at 5% - guess we were in the 5% of the state to get it.

I finished my first beanie – Turned out it can be a face mask and a beanie – but I learned at lot of what not to do and what to do making it. So now I’m making another one. I’m persistent if nothing else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment