Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sunrise, TelCel and Door Repairs

Good very early morning. Was up this morning way, way before sunrise. When the sky finally began to get light I walked across the street to check out the sunrise. Wasn’t much but did take a few pictures. These are kind of looking inland towards Guaymas. A few birds were up and about but not many.
Pockets of fog in the low areas between the hills.
Since we’ve been here there has only been one nice sunset and not really nice sunrises – mainly not a cloud in the sky.
Yesterday afternoon we went into Guaymas to go to the TelCel service center to get the Banda Ancha (Internet device) paid for and activated. US $ 30 for 3 GBs or 30 days, which ever gets used up first. Also got Bill’s Mexican TelCel phone activated. Luckily both old numbers were still good so we didn’t have to get new sim cards. I’m still using the RV parks Internet but once we leave here will have to use the Banda Ancha.
We also went to Sam’s Club to get more of the frozen/boxed Orange Chicken. It is good and easy to fix. After getting home and trying to stuff it in the freezer we decided we have to stop eating out and start using some of the stuff we brought with us. Guess that means I’ll be cooking more.
We also went to Wal*Mart to get a few things. Aren’t these cookies and cupcakes cute? Getting ready for Christmas.
And I love the fish – swimming in ice!
I discovered yesterday that I could download the Kindle app on Bill’s new tablet and using the park's WiFi I can download some free books that aren’t available on Barnes and Noble. So I’ll still have something to read if my Nook quits working altogether. Ain’t technology grand.
No plans for today, just wait for the guy who is trying to fix the blisters that keep appearing on the outside storage doors. TIM – this is Mexico – he was supposed to come by yesterday but didn’t make it. Hope he comes today as he has one of the doors with him and we are kind of planning on leaving here on Monday – maybe… Well he is here now and there is a lot of talking and hand gesturing going on outside.  All is well. We took him to a paint store and back to his house, will pick him up at 2:00 and the door should be finished. More about that later.

It’s been 52 days and 2800 miles since we left home. 

3 comments:

  1. Carol, we will be on a 2 week vacation in Mazatlan Dec. 5th-19th. I have 100's of mostly newly released books (also movies) on a small hard drive which I will be bringing along. If Bill's tablet uses a micro sd card I could transfer copies of any books you might want that I have. I can make it work with the Kindle, Kobo or Ibooks app. Let me know. Also, if any book you particularly want, if I have it, I will make sure to bring it along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I can also transfer to an IPad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome things here. I'm very satisfied to look your article. Thank you so much and I'm having a look forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

    ReplyDelete