Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Monday, May 18, 2015

Talked to moving company today - Wow -

Another busy and drizzly day here in Brown County. The sun has just now come out and it is 7:00 p.m. Today should be the last of the rain but tomorrow the temperatures are really going to drop. Highs will only be in the low 60s. Good for me but Bill will freeze. Today was not a good day for him. He is sneezing, sniffling and having trouble breathing. So except to go to the post office he's been pretty quiet.
We had a moving company come by this morning. Told them what we were planning on taking - furniture wise, only the bedroom set - and they made estimates on the number of boxes we might have. Also asked about the cost of them doing the packing and maybe a month in storage. I think based on their estimate of them packing that we will continue to plug away. Today we got two boxes packed. And a couple more spaces cleared out. But there will be a lot we can't do until we're ready to go. 
We had to go to town to mail a package - had to mail a piece of stained glass that I had for sale on the web page. A Christmas sun catcher. Always surprises me when I sell one. I forget so many of them are on the web page. http://www.fantasymanorartstudio.com/stainedglass.php
Tomorrow the realtor will come with the photographer to take pictures for the sale brochure and the MLS listing. So I have to run around in the morning taking things off counters and walls etc. - just for the pictures. And in the afternoon another "estate sale" person is coming. We are now asking them about selling all the beaded jewelry I've made, the stained glass pieces and Bill's leather art. One guy said "Oh, yes. They will sell." But for what? 2 cents on the dollar? Not that desperate to sell them. 
Going to straighten up my desk some then head back downstairs to read. 




2 comments:

  1. You are making progress. I am glad the realtor is getting a professional photographer...it makes a huge difference. I had a neighbor just move, and ABF Freight Lines parked an empty semi in front and left it for 3 days to load. It had a ramp, when loaded they came and got it and it is on it's way. Probably the cheapest way to go if you have a lot of boxes. There was lots of room. I suspect it would be cheap storage at the destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Nice post! Please tell us when I will see a follow up! moving companies pasadena

    ReplyDelete