Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Monday, November 16, 2015

Snow on the mountain

By golly there is snow on the mountains around us. And today’s high is only going to be 50.
when the sun was on it earlier you could really see it. 
I got Bill to walk with me yesterday did a little over 1 ½ miles. Little by little I’ll increase it. After all I’m still convalescing. Today Bill wouldn’t go with me - just too cold and way to windy. So windy I cut the walk short. Coming home I had the wind at my back, practically was running.
Yesterday was a good day for cooking, so I fixed a good dinner - chicken breasts in wine, onion, lemon juice and olives, potatoes au gratin and asparagus. Looked and tasted good.
I found a pattern for a small Christmas quilt that looks fun to make. I’ll get to use the embroidery part of the machine for some of the pieces. And 19 different colors/patterns of Christmas material. And believe it or not I think I have all the material I’ll need - except for the backing.
Boy yesterdays race was something. Everyone was amazed about the rain in Phoenix. Six hour delay to start it and then it was ended before it was finished because of rain. But my driver #18 will make it to the last race with a chance of being the champion.
Back from our new family doctor - mostly good news. No problems with the blood work for either of us. But - doctor put me on high blood pressure pills (after the last 6 months I'm surprised it isn't higher) AND I have an infection so more antibiotics. They are sure going to hear about that at the surgeon’s office tomorrow. That’s once of the reasons I had the surgery.

Stopped off at pharmacy to drop off prescriptions and then went out to dinner. Home for night now - really cold and windy out. TV and book reading time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment